Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Evolution of Autism

Here lately I have seen several posts about autism and vaccines. It happens. Every so often waves rise for a time and then the waters still for a bit. I've posted before on this matter. You can read that post here. That post explains my stance on the vax/autism debate. This post isn't about vaccines, but I mentioned it because it is what got me thinking about what I am about to have you reading and hopefully thinking about.

Every so often I get to thinking about a comment I saw some ages ago on some post I don't even remember anything about other than this one comment. I am not sold on this comment, but I do find it thought provoking. I do LOVE things that make me ponder. So, now I want you to ponder this with me since it didn't spark a conversation on the post I had seen the original comment on.

I think readily everyone can agree to the autism genetic factors. If you have an ASD the chances of your children having an ASD skyrocket. If you have ASD in your family but you do not have it your chances are still higher than someone who has no history. Both of you have an ASD? You just may have sealed the deal with your first kiss. Even many of those who believe in vaccine autism have said that their child showed signs of ASD before hand, but tipped over the autism edge afterwards. So, they clearly had a predisposition to ASD. We will call this genetic factor exhibit A.

It is proven that ASD's are a physical change in the brain. The wiring doesn't connect the same. The transmitters either don't relay at all or don't relay all of the expected message. So, if autism is a physical mutation of the brain it stands to reason that it would be passed down in genes. Thus explaining why the number of ASD's are increasing so much over the years. This, exhibit B, strengthens exhibit A.

I do not watch much t.v. I never have. When I do though I watch almost strictly things from the Discovery channels or like channels. I find it very thought provoking the desire to figure out how throughout time humankind has managed to come up with cutting edge advancements that seems absolutely impossible. These days people often speculate (knowing what we do now about ASD that wasn't known then) as to the great minds in our past being ASD. Can we take it back even further? Did ASD create the pyramids? Did ASD create the Mayan calendar? .... Exhibit C.

Genetic mutations happen all the time in nature. Some of them work, some of them don't. Typically when severe mutations happen the parent either kills or leaves the baby to die. Have you figured out where this is going yet? Many scientific shows ponder SUPERIOR intelligent life somewhere out there in space. What about here on Earth though? Those with ASD often show to have a superior intelligence over their counterparts.

So here is the question posed by a comment that I now ask you to ponder it for yourself. Discuss it. Debate it. Like I said, I have no sold opinion on the matter, but I do love that it makes me question it.

Is autism the next step in evolution?


The truth...is out there.



2 comments:

  1. My husband has suspected it is a next step in evolution. I had told him about a study showing that autistic children brains were slightly heavier than NT. There was a theory that b/w 6-10 weeks gestation the brain was suppose to clip lots of unnecessary tranmitters. But, failed to do so. Then of course there are too many transmitters to proceess and the brain doesnt operate properly. I guess I could see how if properly stimulated more transmitters operating could make a more intelligent person.

    However, I feel with the advancement in our society. The theory of survival of the fittest no longer pertains to us. My three kiddos would have either died from some disease we now vacinate from b/c I couldnt get them from trying to lick and ingest everything. They would have been hurt in some sort of accident if I supervised them in the manner that children use to be supervised in. Or they would have been institutionalized or left for dead by a parent who viewed them as not worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it most certainly is the next step. We are on the cusp of a fantastic shift! And in so many ways!! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete