Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Winter Break is over. Time to break my blogging silence.

I haven't posted anything in a good while, and I had told myself that I'd do it after the kids were back in school. Well... They went back to school today. So what should I mention about my silent winter break? I know there had been things I thought I would blog about, but time has come and gone and it's not like I wrote anything down to remind myself of those things later. For some reason I always feel assured that I'll remember something because it strikes me just so. Then I'm reminded later just how I really won't remember those things regardless of how important I thought they had been at the time.

One of my other ideas had been to just post a bunch of pictures from winter break that made me happy. By far the easier thing to do, but it wouldn't give an idea of all the other things that went on. I thought about posting about my goals for the year... Yeah, that ship sailed too. Seems a bit off to blog about that sort of thing a week into the new year. So, since all my really good ideas ran off and left me before I could get to them I'll just share some pictures with you. Happy or sad? *shrugs* They just will be what they are.



Right off the bat. OH.EM.GEE! I haven't had a washer and dryer in YEARS. We just moved into a townhouse this summer, and for Christmas the Parentals gave us this.

So I ran out and bought this. LOVE IT!

And these.... Doing laundry is so stinking easy!

Anakin climbing the tree like he's King Kong and the tree is the Empire State Building. Dude, it was cute last year when you were a kitten. GET.OUT.OF.MY.TREE!

These have gotten pretty hard to find. And when you do find them they are almost always the ones with lipstick in them. I hate those, but I LOVE these and they make me so stinking happy. A must have year round!

Celebrated 15 years of Blonde Eyes (Hope). The boyfriend came along :)


I found what had to be the MOST perfect frame ever for this and gave it to my mother-in-law for Christmas. She loves dragonflies so I drew a rough draft of this on a piece of paper and then hand carved it into a blank engraving board.

No, seriously Anakin. It's not cute anymore. Get out of the tree. Please? Ok, fine. DO whatever you want....

It started snowing on Christmas, and it snowed, and snowed, and snowed...

And then the sickness hit.

Cuddling with mommy <3

Playing some Borderlands 2 with the hubby.

Got a new controller since my purple glow in the dark one started acting all "funny" that really wasn't funny.

And that is the short story of what our winter break was like. Throw in some eating out, watching The Hobbit, some good home cooked meals, plenty of days spent in our jammies, and a few terrible drives to Ft. Worth and back...and you pretty much have the whole story.

I hope you all had a wonderful break, and whether we are ready for it or not *dun dun dun* it's time to get back to that school business. 






No comments:

Post a Comment